All Certified Senior Appraisers with the National Institute of Appraisers are required to adhere to a strict code of ethics and are completely free of conflicts of interest. This is critical for your protection and ensures accurate evaluations.
NIA Appraisers Can Not:
- Be a principal or an employee of an auction house or art galley
- Charge fees based on a percentage of the appraised value
- Charge fees based on an hourly rate
- Offer to buy or sell your property
- Have any other hidden interests
- Release client or appraisal information to any 3rd party without prior consent of the client
NIA Appraisers Can:
- Assist you in locating Restorers or Conservators
- Provide transportation and storage advice
- Support the ongoing curating of large private, corporate or municipal collections
- Provide personnel for educational lectures and seminars
- Provide expert witness testimony.
We are in the office to assist you 7 days a week from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Our Toll Free Number is 1-800-676-2148.
Click here to email us. if the email link does not work then copy this email address into your mail program email@example.com